No products in the cart.
1) Get your steps in
You don’t have to go outdoors to get your steps in. Create a walking path right at home. For example it can start from going up then down your stairs, into the living room, through the kitchen, then right back up the stairs. You can do that for 20 minutes and see how many rounds you can complete. Be sure to challenge yourself each time.
2) Sneak in a movement during work hours
While working from home, the days may seem longer so taking a 5 minute break every hour on the hour to sneak a movement in will help make the day more interesting and help with remaining active. Here is a workout that you can do during your 5 minutes break. 30 pushups, 30 air squats, 30 sit-ups.
3) The only way to avoid snacking on the things that will not help with staying fit is by not buying it
I find that during this lockdown we eat due to boredom so the best thing to do is only have healthy snack options available. Here are a some healthy snack options:
- Boiled eggs
- Mixed nuts (low to no sodium)
- Dark chocolate
- Greek yogurt
- Cucumber slices with hummus
- Whey Protein Shake
4) With home equipment being sold out online, use what you have at home to incorporate weight lifting into your routine
Here are some household items that you can use:
- Laundry detergent
- A suitcase filled with clothes
- A gallon of water or milk
- A bag of flour or rice
- Laundry basket
- Canned foods
5) Set a goal for yourself each week
Every Sunday, write down what you want to do this week to improve on staying fit while at home. Setting a goal will help you stay on track and committed. Share your weekly goal with a family member or friend to motivate them and to help keep you accountable.